City Of Wentzville
Water Operator I PT
4/11/2018 5:00 PM Central
This position will be scheduled for approximately 29 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits.
Assists in the operations and maintenance of the city's water distributions system, including meter reading, inspection and repairs, water testing, and record keeping requirements.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
• Assist with inspection, maintenance, and repair of the water distribution system.
• Perform daily operations such as service tickets, customer concerns, and shut-offs.
• Coordinate monthly meter reading for billing purposes.
• Operate back hoe, bob cat, front loader, high lift, skid loader, mini excavator, fork lift, and dump trucks.
Ancillary Job Duties
• Assist with DNR/EPA water testing and reporting functions.
• Assist with backflow prevention program.
• Provide respectful, professional, positive service in all interactions between co-workers and internal and external customers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1 or more years of heavy equipment operating experience preferred.
• Valid and current Class B CDL with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within 120 days of employment.
• Certification Water Distribution DS-I required or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
• Ability to operate mechanical equipment.
• Knowledge of HDPE pipes and fittings preferred.
• Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
• Indoor and outdoor work environment; exposed to a variety of environmental conditions such as heat, cold, rain, sewage, and dust.
• Must use personal protective equipment to work around open trenches, confined spaces, chemicals, gases, and other toxic or dangerous substances or conditions.
• Exposed to loud noises.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
• Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
• Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
• Must be able to stand and walk frequently.
• Must be comfortable driving frequently.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds individually.
• Must have clarity of vision, the ability to adjust focus, the ability to judge distance and spatial relationships, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
• Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
City Of Wentzville requires you to fill in their on-line form which will open in a different window.
Enter your email address and click 'Apply':
Prefer not to enter your email?
Follow the application instructions in the Job Description.
City Of Wentzville