Golder Associates Inc.
Water Resources Engineer
Location US-Atlanta, GA
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(1/15/2018 1:32 PM)
JOB ID: 2018-13525
AREA OF INTEREST: EN - Groundwater
JOB TYPE: Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
EDUCATION (MINIMUM): Masters Degree
EXPERIENCE (YEARS): 2
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGRADVAC
Are you looking for job where you make a difference, see tangible results from your hard work, and proudly walk around to saying, Hey, I worked on that!. Come work for Golder as a Water Resources Engineer. Water is vital in our daily lives. With too little water we cannot survive, we would not have electricity, and we would not have the natural resources to produce materials that make the products which improve our lives. With too much water lives are lost and homes destroyed. Controlling water for adequate supply, protecting public and private infrastructure, providing public safety and enhancing quality of life, while maintaining environmental controls is the core function of a Golder water resources engineer.
The Atlanta office has an immediate openings for Water Resources Engineers to work on water resources projects for government, mining, power, waste, and oil/gas clients with a group of dynamic engineers striving to sustainably manage water resources locally, nationally, and internationally. In this exciting role you will work on a diverse group of projects planning, designing, permitting, and constructing water structures.
Responsibilities will include:
* Hydrologic modeling.
* Hydraulic design of water structures such as channels, pipes, and spillways.
* Design and permitting support for drainage channels, dams, and flood control structures.
* Field work associated with the analysis, design, and construction of water structures.
This position will require travel and field assignments as dictated by project demands
If you meet the requirements outlined below we encourage you to apply:
* A Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in water resources engineering, specifically hydrology and hydraulics is required. Candidates with a Master Degree are preferred but candidates with a Bachelor Degree will be considered if they have course work or experience in Water Resources Engineering.
* This is an entry level to mid-level position. Mid-level candidates would be expected to have several years of relevant experience and desire to support management of projects.
* Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is preferred.
* Experience with AutoCAD, GIS, HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS is preferred.
* Additional experience or coursework in structural engineering and geotechnical engineering is advantageous.
* The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated and a self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Golder Associates Inc.
Website : http://www.golder.com/
Golder is focused squarely on the future. We believe the coming years will be a time when our 8,000 people will make a vital contribution to the world's economy, environment and communities. Still, our origins five decades ago and evolution since then have made us the company we are today. The Golder culture is built around technical excellence, commitment to our clients, employee ownership and the ability to provide our people with challenging careers.