Wake Forest, NC
3rd Shift 7PM-7AM
The Water Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the water plant, including the de-ionizing system and the waste water pre-treatment. The position requires someone who is highly attentive to detail. Timely recording of operating parameters, cleaning the filter press, and the knowledge and ability to take corrective actions to maintain our supply of de-ionized water for the production lines, and keep our effluent within permitted limits is necessary.
1. Monitor, record, and maintain all pertinent de-ionized water processing data as per set schedule.
2. Monitor, record, and maintain all pertinent pretreatment processing data as per set schedule.
3. Periodically clean out the filter presses.
4. Operate a forklift to transfer the filter cake to the dumpster.
5. Take corrective action to prevent water process failure.
6. Prepare batches of acid for anodizing.
7. Prepare batches of etch concentrate.
8. Monitor and record scrubber operation.
9. Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area.
10. Report any malfunctions or problems.
11. Assist with solving problems.
12. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
· High Diploma or equivalent.
· Basic math skills.
· High School Chemistry.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Excellent eyesight (with or without corrective lenses).
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to recognize equipment and process problems.
· Ability to work 12 hour shifts while doing some of the following: continuous walking, driving a forklift, climbing ladders, using a shovel, mixing chemicals to level consistency in the plant waste water tank(s), etc.
Wake Forest, NC