ABM Industries Inc.
Towson, MD, United States
Manager, Water Plant, Environmental
ABM is hiring a Zero-Waste Manager to support Towson University's Zero-Waste Program. The successful candidate will lead efforts on implementing, educating, and training other ABM staff members on zero-waste, good housekeeping standards. Additionally, TU's Zero-Waste Manager will work inter-departmentally with other university staff to facilitate program execution and ensure standards are met. The expected responsibilities that encompass the Zero-Waste Manager’s role are listed, but not limited to the following duties:
1. Improve the quality of the university’s zero-waste programs.
2. Conduct educational training sessions with all ABM staff on a routine basis.
3. Monitor and improve the separation, collection and transportation of materials.
4. Assist with conducting waste audits for program improvement and compliance.
5. Review program for cost reductions/savings opportunities.
6. Review cost-neutral and income-producing streams related to waste diversion.
7. Institute cardboard collection and resale program.
8. Support the university's educational campaigns on waste minimization and diversion, including during Move-In, Move-Out and RecycleMania.
9. Review and develop ABM procedures related to recycle/compost collection in academic, support, and auxiliary buildings. Revise procedures as needed.
10. Review and develop ABM procedures related to recycle/compost collection at TU student and university-sponsored events, and outside group rentals. Revise procedures as needed.
11. Supervise litter patrol and recycling staff, including student workers.
12. Supervise cleaning and maintenance of indoor and outdoor cans, including garage cans and toters.
13. Inspect all dumpster sites for compliance with the university’s waste management and stormwater management programs.
14. Communicate with university staff regarding the needs of the waste management program including placement of collection containers and dumpsters.
15. Produce bi-annual report on program.
16. Comply with all university policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental management, sustainability, hospitality management, or a closely related field with course work relating to waste management
• Minimum 3 years of related experience, with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and related software packages
• Driver’s license with less than 6 points
• Medically fit to lift and move 50 lbs. Preferred
• Experience in Higher Education or campus-like setting
• Flexible schedule
Towson, MD 21252 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
Apply to this Job
Last sync: 2019-09-20 10:15:02
How can we help you?
Connect with an ABM expert to get started.
Give us a call – we'd love to hear from you.
Fill out a short form and we’ll get right back to you.
Send us a note
ABM (NYSE: ABM)
is a leading provider of facility solutions. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include janitorial, electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes – from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information, www.abm.com
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 855-350-0226. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
ABM 2019. All Rights Reserved.
ABM Industries Inc.
Website : http://www.abm.com