Senior Utility Planner Modeler
Senior Utility Planner Modeler
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. Thats why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duties of the Senior Utility Planner Modeler include the technical leadership, planning, leading and managing Utility Planning and UMS projects, working with teams on various utility planning and utility management service-related projects for federal, state and local municipalities.
Plan, lead and manage Utility Planning and UMS projects, working with teams on various utility planning and utility management service-related projects for federal, state and local municipalities.
Deliver technical products that meet client expectations. Responsible for workload, financial, schedule and quality aspects of the projects. Workshare projects as needed with other departments where other Utility Planning staff is assigned.
Production of preliminary design technical reports and performing master planning studies. Primary tasks may include: developing and calibrating water, wastewater, and stormwater hydraulic models, performing GIS data analysis, developing maps and figures, alternatives analysis, system water quality, energy and operations optimization and rehabilitation studies, and developing capital improvement recommendations and plans.
Depending on Utility Planning and UMS workload, additional project management and design tasks may include creating detailed designs of water and wastewater treatment systems or distribution and collection systems. These design tasks specifically include preparing plans for water and wastewater systems, writing technical specifications, determining appropriate design methods, equipment sizing and selection, and participating in construction administration and observation.
Responsible for local and regional development, coordination, monitoring and improvement of technical competencies of Utility Planning practice staff. Mentor, coach, and train junior staff to improve utility planning-related technical competencies in the region.
Supporting the Utility Management Services business class mission in the area.
Support Regional Utility Planning Practice Lead in efforts to grow Utility Planning and Utility Management Services programs in the region.
Participation in local and national professional organization(s) and internal practice groups. Participate in Utility Planning practice and professional discipline groups, project teams and activities to continually improve standards and best practices; implement effective quality assurance and quality control reviews.
- Provide local leadership of infrastructure planning, modeling, identification of capital improvements, and distribution/collection system operational optimization technical capabilities within the Utility Planning practice area in support of the regional and area Utility Planning leads client development leads.
- Serve as client manager and project manager on utility planning projects.
- Build local technical expertise and production capacity through recruitment and training.
- Participate in support of client development and project pursuits.
- Facilitate lessons learned for project delivery, processes, trends, successes, strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifies technical market trends in the local markets.
- Works with local WBG marketing staff, UMS Area Lead, and UMS Service Area Leads to develop a strategy to capture key types of projects.
- Works with UMS Area Lead and WBG Marketing Managers to identify and screen key clients with high probability pursuits that align with the Utility Planning BC strengths and the business trends in the area.
Key Words: Utility Management, Planner, Modeler
- Bachelors degree in a professional, engineering or related field. Maintains a professional or engineering registration and has related technical experience.
Long-term interest in utility master planning, hydraulic modeling, and utility management services is important.
5 years or more water and/or wastewater utility experience or related engineering and/or operations work. Experienced in development and management of diverse teams. Has worked for a public, municipal, or investor owned water and/or wastewater utility, public works department, engineering consulting firm with project management experience with utility planning and/or management, master planning, hydraulic modeling, general plan or municipal planning, and integrated water resource planning related services for water, sewer, recycled water, and stormwater utilities.
- Hands on working knowledge in a majority of the following technical areas: Water, Sewer, and stormwater utility master planning, hydraulic modeling (steady state, EPS, and dynamic), water demand and sewer flow generation forecasting, land use planning, water conservation and demand management practices, integrated and conjunctive use water resource planning, water and wastewater regulatory compliance and technical support, sustainability in the water and wastewater utility fields, water distribution and sewer collection system O & M programs, GIS and database management, and knowledge of utility rates and finance issues.
- Knowledge and experience in a cross section of hydraulic modeling software applications such as InfoWater, WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, EPANET, InfoSewer, SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, InfoSWWM and InfoWorks WS/CS/ICM is needed. (Not all are required but experience in a representative cross-section and the willingness to learn other applications is necessary.)
- Strong general computer skills and interest in learning many different software packages.
- Experience developing construction drawings and specifications.
Interest or experience in asset management, condition assessment and rehabilitation, knowledge management, regulatory support, sustainability, utility finance and economics and operations and maintenance optimization is beneficial.
A Masters degree is desired.
- Experienced in technical writing for report preparation.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and grow skills into new areas.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to completion of a task or project.
- Strong communication, technical writing, organizational, and time management skills.
At HDR, we know work isnt only about who you work for; its also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each others contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid drivers license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hdrinc.com
HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through our various operating companies. Our professionals are committed to helping clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.