**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is seeking a Water/Wastewater Engineer who will assist in the planning and design of water and wastewater conveyance facilities; to include pipelines, pump stations, storage tanks, distribution vaults. Preferred candidates will have knowledge of hydraulic modeling, I/I and SSES analysis, condition assessment, and rehabilitation design of infrastructure.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Water/ Wastewater Engineer?
You will be involved with a variety of water-, and wastewater- related projects such as conveyance systems, pump stations and pipeline work.
• You will work as part of a project team and be responsible for planning, design development, calculations, presentations and overall project development for a variety of projects.
• Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for water and wastewater conveyance systems (e.g. pump stations, pipelines, storage tanks).
• Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water and wastewater conveyance systems.
• Prepare and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
• Assist technical marketing during the procurement of key projects.
• Communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams including other disciplines (cost estimators, GIS, designers, and other engineers).
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
Could you be the Water/ Wastewater Engineer we are looking for?
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required.
• Have a minimum of 4 years of increasingly-responsible, professional experience in the study, design, and construction administration of water and wastewater conveyance infrastructure (pipelines, force mains, and pump stations).
• Possess a Professional Engineer (PE) Classification
• Be self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group.
• Have excellent technical writing and communication skills required.
• Demonstrate proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation.
• Proficient in drafting tools (AutoCADD).
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.
If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our Glassdoor, LinkedIn and Great Places to Work pages.
Water Resource Engineer #31895
Jul 9, 2018
Gainesville, VA, 20155
The Davey Tree Expert Company
1WSS - WSSI
Job Type: Ful...