Water/Wastewater Project Manager','145375','!*!About Us
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' videoWe believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a Water/Wastewater Project Manager to work as a member of our Water Business Group in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The primary duties of the Project Manager Water/Wastewater will be to develop clients and business in Southeast Michigan and manage water/wastewater conveyance and/or treatment projects, stormwater conveyance projects and master planning projects.
Duties for this position will include:
· Primary responsibilities include advancing business development strategies, development and pursuit of new clients and new projects, client management, project management for key projects, technical input on projects, and staff development.
· Working directly with clients to formulate project approach and develop detailed project scopes and proposal that meet client expectations.
· Manage teams, scope, schedule, budget, and quality for projects.
· Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings.
· Assisting with the identification of sub-consultant arrangements and development sub-consultant agreements in line with company policies.
· Responsible to coordinate the staffing and workload of the staff through the entire project life cycle to complete documents on schedule and budget and to client expectations.
· Responsible for mentoring and training of personnel as established by strategic plans.
· Responsible for oversight and management of project financials and key performance indicators. Works with Accounting Manager and the Area Manager for project reviews.
· Responsible for implementing QA/QC procedures.
· Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity, involving a large project staff.
· Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently.
· Conduct design development and contract document work sessions at the project sites in conjunction with Project Managers, appropriate technical professionals and other disciplines.
· Coordinate staffing and workload through the entire project development to complete documents on schedule.
· Implement QA/QC procedures.
· Business development with new and existing clients is a key component of the position.
· Supervise large project staffs and act as mentor for less-experienced Project Managers.
· Perform other duties as needed.
· BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering required.
· 10 years of experience in the Water/Wastewater industry required; specific experience with Michigan area clientele is preferred.
· Must be a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Michigan or able to obtain within three to six months.
· Experience in leading Business Development activities with proven success. Business development with new and existing clients is a key component of the position.
· Must have experience developing design concepts and formulating engineered solutions for complex technical problems.
· Must demonstrate a high level of creativity, foresight and judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities.
· Experience in Project Management with medium to large, multi-disciplined design services; this should include developing project budgets, schedules, and staffing plans commensurate with project scope.
· Must have strong organizational, writing, math and computer skills.
· Must have the ability to manage and serve as a technical resource for design staff.
· Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
· Local candidates are preferred.
· Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. ','United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor','','','','','','Water Resource Mgt','Full-time','Regular','','Utility Management Services','Utility Management Services','Mar 27, 2017','Water/Wastewater Project Manager
Website : http://www.hdrinc.com
HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through our various operating companies. Our professionals are committed to helping clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.