Seaboard Triumph Foods
SUMMARY: Under direction, supervises, assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for operating, inspecting, and maintaining a variety of plant equipment in connection with the continuous operation of the Company’s wastewater treatment plant; supervises and coordinates all preventive and corrective maintenance on plant and equipment; participates in safety programs and budgets for plant; ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Establish good lines of communication between support departments and plant operations; Encourage good work habits and promote safety.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct supervision of assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
· Establish and clearly communicate realistic job requirements for subordinates; provide frequent feedback and review on performance and accurately appraise performance results against communicated expectations and when necessary, take action to resolve performance or work habit deficiencies.
· Enforcing compliance with Government regulations, safety programs, and Company policies procedures and the importance of quality;
· Coordinate and collaborate with other departments in plant in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
· Ensure compliance with the safety policies and procedures. Provide timely written feedback on causes of doctor cases and lost time accidents and recommendation for preventing recurrence.
· Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, changes in working conditions and use of equpment to increase efficiency of department, or work crew.
· Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
· Accurately manage time and production records.
· Conduct high level of cleanliness techniques.
· Facilitate employee monthly meetings/training sessions.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires high school education. Prefer education beyond high school including special training, vocational school and/or college courses. Two years waste treatment experience and three to five years supervisory experience. Well developed management skills utilizing sound management principles in leading a team of employees. Proven ability to train and motivate personnel. Must have strong organizational skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively communicate with USDA, production and management personnel.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to move about the facility. The employee is required to sit; use hands to finger; handle; or feel/hold objects; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; speak; hear taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb ladders and platforms, and enter confined spaces and wear all safety equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to cold/hot and/or humid conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, cold/hot temperature and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The work environment includes climate extremes found in all areas of plant operations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and, while generally as shown below, may be changed (increased or decreased) by management as required.
Hours of Work: Generally 9 or more hours/day as scheduled by management.
Days of Work: Normally Monday-Friday as scheduled by management and weekends if needed by operations and approved by management.