Water/Wastewater Project Manager, Houston, TX
A national engineering leader in environmental audits/assessments; design; construction administration and inspection is seeking a Project Manager to join their municipal wastewater team in Houston, TX. This employee-owned firm focused on providing cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for more than 40 years. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, directing, supervising and controlling the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of assigned projects. This is an excellent opportunity for career advancement with a rapidly growing firm. The position has the expectation to mature to a senior management position with partnership and ownership opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage client relationships and works with Business Development to identify and cultivate new clients.
* Assist with contract negotiations, including definition of project scope, budget and engineering fee.
* Responsibility for meeting contractual obligations.
* Follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements as related to this position and the work duties being performed.
* Responsible for the safety and health planning for each project, as described in the Safety Procedures manual.
* Mobilize company resources through effective liaison with support departments and other offices to create project teams capable of completing effective quality work. Supervise the daily activities of business support, technical and production staff.
* Direct preparation of work plans, supervise project teams and manage project scope, budget and schedule.
* Promote technical excellence on project, ensuring established Quality Control and Assurance objectives are met. Analyze contractual and financial performance and direct activities to improve performance.
* Monitor and report to management on the progress of all project activity, including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
* Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports; mentor staff and provide appropriate training opportunities for development and advancement.
* Provide production support as necessary.
* BS degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
* Minimum of 8 years-experience; experience in municipal water, wastewater, storm water and/or paving projects is preferred
* Must be or be able to obtain Professional Engineer certification for assigned state location
* Business development experience desired
* Excellent communication skills; ability to convey information effectively; understand ideas and information presented in writing and verbally; including presentations
* Ability to develop and manage a budget
* Prior experience managing/supervising people required