Burns & McDonnell
Municipal Water / Wastewater Project Manager','180117','Project Management','!*!Burns & McDonnell’s seeking Project Manager to help grow the Water / Wastewater Practice is in search of a Municipal Water/Wastewater Project Manager. Our passion started with water. Our water treatment, supply and systems solutions evolve with the ever-changing needs of communities everywhere. Burns & McDonnell strives to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. We are 100 percent employee-owned and proud to be No. 16 on FORTUNE’s 2017 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, along with numerous regional workplace and industry honors.
We are looking for someone who has excellent client interaction skills and can manage and lead planning and design teams for medium to large water, wastewater treatment, and distribution system projects. In this position, you will manage everything from medium to multi-million dollar water, distribution, and wastewater treatment projects. At Burns & McDonnell we go where you need us, near or far. This Project Manager role will be no different and will work on projects across the U.S. to connect clients to the services they need for a successful project.
· The Municipal Water/Wastewater Project Manager directs and coordinates Water/Wastewater activities of several disciplines on everything from major wastewater projects to projects of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects.
· Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design of municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects.
· Client development, maintenance, and management; contract preparation and negotiation; coordination with regulatory agencies; project planning, budgeting, and scheduling; and the establishment of critical project objectives and performances.
Plans, organizes, and communicates project personnel needs to department management.
· Mentors less experienced staff and serves as a leader improving the latest technologies in wastewater planning, design and construction methods.
· May initiate or assist in contract negotiations or preparation.
· Assist in direction of project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives.
· Other duties as assigned.','!*!Required Experience
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited curriculum. Master's degree preferred.
· Minimum 7 years related experience in the design of municipal water or wastewater treatment facilities, including 3 or more years managing medium to large-sized water/wastewater projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations, client service, and quality standards.
· This position requires a self-driven individual with municipal water or wastewater process and plant facilities background and the willingness to take on new challenges.
· A demonstrated ability in physical and chemical processes including filtration, chemical advanced oxidation, biological process, and hydraulics.
· Knowledge of structural design concepts and familiarity with codes and regulations.
· Familiarity with range of area issues related to wastewater systems including master planning, collection/distribution and pumping, with an emphasis on design and operations, and intimate knowledge of regulatory approval process.
· Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
· Existing relationships with local and statewide municipal and private clients.
· Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to a broad area of assignments.
· Candidate must be capable of devising new approaches to solve complex problems.
· Previous consulting experience.
· Professional engineer license or the ability to obtain within the first 6 months is required.
EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans','Full-time','Yes, 15 % of the Time','US-NE-Omaha','','*LIKZ','Municipal Water / Wastewater Project Manager
Burns & McDonnell
Website : http://www.burnsmcd.com
We are a full-service engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting solutions firm, based in Kansas City, Missouri. Our multidisciplined staff of 5,300 includes engineers, architects, construction professionals, planners, estimators, economists, technicians and scientists, representing virtually all design disciplines. We plan, design, permit, construct and manage facilities all over the world, with one mission in mind: Make our clients successful. Our company got its start in 1898. Two new Stanford University engineering graduates — Clinton S. Burns and Robert E. McDonnell — sought a professional home base teeming with opportunity, a place to continue the partnership they forged while working for the city of Palo Alto, California. They chose Kansas City because it provided the most potential clients in a 200-mile radius — cities and towns in need of water and power systems to support growth.