Michael Baker International
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Water Resources Engineer to join our Houston office. As a part of our Civil Engineering team, the Water Resource Engineer will assist Project Engineers & Project Managers with tasks including data review, site review, field documentation, data collection, data organization, data analysis, civil engineering planning and design.
The Water Resource Engineer will prepare hydrological & hydraulic calculations and modeling, assist with preparing technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings.
You will work with the H&H group. This role will expose the engineer to a wide range of interesting applications under the supervision of experts and industry leaders in Water Resource Engineering.
The majority of your day would be spent on a team performing various tasks- from developing hydrologic and hydraulic models, to preparing plans, specifications and estimates and performing data collection and field work
• Develop hydrologic and 1-D, unsteady and 2-D hydraulic models.
• Analyze and design hydraulic structures and subsurface flow systems.
• Help prepare maps and technical reports.
• Help develop drawings and specifications for design projects.
• Coordinate changes to drawings and specifications with project team members.
• Help develop cost estimates and conduct quantity takeoffs for design projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s preferred
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification, 1- 4 years related experience
• Course work in hydrology, hydrodynamics, and water or wastewater treatment processes.
• Naturally you’ll need computer skills and proficiency with AutoCAD, Micro Station, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPA-SWMM, XP-Storm 2D and Geographical Information Systems.
Michael Baker International
Website : http://www.mbakerintl.com
Baker (NYSE Amex: BKR), founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for public and private sector clients worldwide.