City Of Wentzville
Wastewater Collections Operator I
$31,238.00 - $36,594.00 Annually
Assists in the daily operations of the city's wastewater treatment plant. Performs checks, maintenance, preventative maintenance, and housekeeping of the plant.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
• Assist with system inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs on all treatment plant and sludge removal equipment.
• Operate vehicles and heavy equipment including: front end loader, skid loader, load-all, crane truck, jet truck, jet trailer, fork lift, and dump trucks.
• Assist with bio-solids removal program and operation of bio-solids removal equipment.
• Assist with jetting sewers and lift station and collection system repairs.
• Collect samples in wastewater process as requested.
• Assist in equipment and instruments checks.
• Perform custodial and maintenance duties throughout the facilities and grounds.
Ancillary Job Duties
• Provide respectful, professional, positive service in all interactions between co-workers and internal and external customers.
• Maintain a positive and productive environment ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the City, Department, and Division.
• Participate in on-call rotation requiring a response time of 30 minutes or less.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with wastewater treatment or collection systems required.
• 1 or more years of heavy equipment operating experience preferred.
• Valid and current Class B CDL with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within 120 days of employment.
• Wastewater Operator Class D certification required or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
• Basic knowledge of electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic controls and systems, and variable frequency drives.
• Ability to operate mechanical equipment.
• Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
• Indoor and outdoor work environment; exposed to a variety of environmental conditions such as heat, cold, rain, sewage, and dust.
• Must use personal protective equipment to work around open trenches, confined spaces, chemicals, gases, and other toxic or dangerous substances or conditions.
• Exposed to loud noises.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
• Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
• Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
• Must be able to stand and walk frequently.
• Must be comfortable driving frequently.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds individually.
• Must have the ability to reach, grasp, and use tools.
• Must have clarity of vision, the ability to adjust focus, the ability to judge distance and spatial relationships, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
• Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
Wentzville, MO, US
Click Here to Apply
View More City Of Wentzville Jobs
City Of Wentzville