Careers Center | Water and Wastewater Treatment Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Water and Wastewater Treatment Engineer
Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Posted Date 4 hours ago(5/8/2018 6:41 PM)
Job ID 34492
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 4
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Stantec Water is seeking qualified candidates for a Water & Wastewater Treatment Engineer to join our growing practice in the Desert-Mountain Region. This consulting engineering role will serve as staff process and project engineer on projects. It will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal water systems including process engineering, treatment facilities planning and design, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of supporting and leading complex teams, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the water industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice.
Technical Support for Project Execution & Delivery
The candidate will provide technical support to Regional Delivery Leaders and engage as needed in executing and delivering projects within the region and across North America. The scope of this execution work will vary by project, but the focus will be on process engineering, promotion of best practices and standards for process design and major process mechanical systems, and QA/QC for design criteria.
Mentoring of Professional Staff
The candidate will engage in active mentorship of peers and younger professionals who desire guidance on career development objectives. This mentoring can take any number of forms, including guidance on preparation and delivery of presentations, papers, workshops, etc., client-facing protocols, and continuing education and training.
Technical Support for Regional Business Development Activities
This technical support includes, but may not be limited to: face-to-face client interactions, site visits, workshop presentations on treatment technology, planning, regulatory frameworks, etc. This role also provides technical support to Client Service Managers within the respective region of coverage for specific Business Development activities associated with proposal development and interview preparation and delivery, with the primary intent of winning specific project work. This support can take the form of writing technical approaches for proposals, developing slide decks for the technical aspects of competitive interviews and developing work-breakdown structures for project delivery schemes.
The candidate will engage in active membership in state, regional and national professional associations including Water Environment Federation, International Water Association, American Water Works Association, Water Reuse Association, and others as appropriate including local affiliates with the Desert-Mountain region. This engagement entails the delivery of papers, presentations, workshops and webinars at conferences and symposia, participation in technical training workshops and seminars, and involvement in committee leadership as appropriate.
- Technical experience to include three or more of the following:
- Technical leadership on water projects
- Conventional surface water treatment processes including flocculation and sedimentation, media filtration, and disinfection
- Groundwater treatment processes
- Wastewater treatment primary, secondary, and biosolids processes
- Wastewater treatment plant and/or wastewater collection system master planning
- Wastewater process modeling using BioWin or other modeling platform
- Residuals handling processes
- Advanced water treatment processes including low and high pressure membrane filtration, high rate settling, ballasted flocculation, sorption, taste and odor control, disinfection, and oxidation
- Industrial water treatment
- Water treatment plant and/or water system master planning
- Water chemistry and process modeling for applications such as water stabilization, corrosion control, and disinfection byproducts formation
- Chemical storage and feed and pumping systems
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering.
- MS in related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 4-8years of experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
- Valid Nevada Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
- Ability to obtain licensure in other Desert-Mountain states within 1 year of employment, as directed.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
Submit your Resume for this job
Submit your resume for this role
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at ************** or email ****************** if you need an accommodation to complete the application process. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.stantec.com
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets in the infrastructure and facilities sector at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond.