Golder Associates Inc.
New Mexico Class II Wastewater Operators
Posted Date 4 months ago(10/16/2017 4:38 PM)
JOB ID: 2017-13421
AREA OF INTEREST: EN - Wastewater Treatment and Process Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
EDUCATION (MINIMUM): High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE (YEARS): 1
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking New Mexico Class II Wastewater Operators. The Questa Mine is near Questa New Mexico. No relocation assistance will be offered at this time.
* Dependably and reliably perform operation, maintenance and monitoring of wastewater treatment plant process equipment, including pumps, motors, membrane filtration equipment, clarification systems, chemical feeds, sludge equipment, filter presses, and basic laboratory instruments to ensure treated water meets all applicable NPDES permit requirements;
* Inspect plant processes to ensure effluent quality meets or exceeds the (NPDES) permit requirements; monitors and reviews laboratory results and instrument readings to make adjustments as necessary;
* Review, maintain, create, and update records, forms, and reports in various automated systems, formats, and software for accuracy to ensure data integrity, compliance, and adherence to internal controls policies and practices;
* Provide recommendations to assist in the development and implementation of procedures for improved plant operations;
* Collect samples for analysis and reporting using prescribed methods and techniques to make appropriate adjustments as necessary;
* Coordinate activities with maintenance staff to ensure preventive and corrective maintenance of plant equipment is performed in a timely manner. Assist maintenance staff as required and appropriate to assure timely repairs;
* Interact with site and project management to provide the appropriate level of response to inquiries, issues of concern, and requests for information, or explanation, regarding various services, processes, policies, and/or procedures;
* Perform functions related to the general upkeep, cleaning, maintenance and repair of facilities and grounds to assure a safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing environment.
* Candidates must possess a New Mexico Class II Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification or better, or be able to attain certification prior to June 1, 2016.
* Candidates needs to be able to safely operate and drive a dump truck or rolloff truck and a company vehicle. Experience operating a front end loader, scissor lift, motor grader, backhoe and/ or skid steer is a plus.
* Candidates must have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety practices and mechanical aptitude is a must. Experience with Chevron Health, Environment and Safety Management (CHESM) and Operational Excellence (OE) processes is a definite plus.
* Candidates must be willing to work night shifts, weekends, and Holidays as necessary. Candidate must be willing to work 12 hour shifts (AM and/or PM) and overtime as necessary.
* Candiates must be willing to locate to reasonable commuting distance from the job site at the Questa Mine, near Questa New Mexico. No relocation assistance will be offered at this time.
* The candidates must be able to attain a 40-hour OSHA HAZWoper certificate or have a current certificate.
The candidate must be able to attain a 24-hour MSHA Metal / Non-metal surface miner certificate or have a current certificate.
* Candidates will be required to wear safety equipment / PPE as appropriate for job tasks including fall protection, respiratory protection, and chemical safety equipment.
* Candidates will be required to perform moderate physical activity; ability to lift and carry items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; crawling, bending, climbing, kneeling, squatting and working in confined spaces as necessary.
* The candidates must be eligible for employment in the U.S., possess a valid U.S. driver's license, and pass a pre-employment physical including drug screening and criminal background check.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Golder Associates Inc.
Website : http://www.golder.com/
Golder is focused squarely on the future. We believe the coming years will be a time when our 8,000 people will make a vital contribution to the world's economy, environment and communities. Still, our origins five decades ago and evolution since then have made us the company we are today. The Golder culture is built around technical excellence, commitment to our clients, employee ownership and the ability to provide our people with challenging careers.