Alexandria City Attorney
Water Plant Operator, Water
: $27,065.00 - $32,478.00 Grade: 19 (Employees: Refer to Civil Service Rule VI.3.1 and VI.17 for promotional rate)
: 24.7% employer retirement contribution; sick and vacation leave; health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances offered.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill 1 vacancy in the Water Production department and future vacancies as they occur.
Kind of Work
The purpose of this classification is to operate, monitor, and maintain water production and treatment systems and related equipment to provide quality drinking water for public use in accordance with all established regulations, standards, and procedures. Work is performed under general supervision at the level allowed according to the certification held by the employee and training received; some tasks require direct oversight from Operators with a higher certification. This position is subject to 24-hour call.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications
• Experience in water plant operations preferred or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or GED. Must maintain a functional telephone and be capable of responding to the site within one (1) hour of being notified.
• Must possess the State of Louisiana Class IV Water Production and Class IV Water Treatment certifications prior to completion of a seven (7) year apprentice period.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver's license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification.
• Pay rate to be determined by level of certification(s) possessed.
Monday – Sunday, 12 hour shifts
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.