Senior Water Resources Engineer
Senior Water Resources Engineer
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. Thats why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is in search of a Senior Water Resource Engineer to join and help expand our specialized Fisheries Design Center and Ecohydraulics practice based in California. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical expertise at the project level and assisting with growing HDRs fisheries program through development of client relationships and identification of opportunities for expansion of HDRs suite of environmental and water services. Responsibilities will include technical work, project management, business development, and client management. The candidate will also be responsible for establishing the sequencing of tasks/projects, from financial management of the project through successful completion of the project utilizing HDRs technology, standards, and project delivery practices. The primary duties of this position include planning, directing and monitoring all aspects of large multi-discipline projects or medium sized projects with high degree of technical complexity. The candidate will be involved with the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
The Senior Water Resource Engineer will be expected to establish new client relations and be involved with local, regional, and national marketing, contracting, planning and management meetings. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating workloads with the project team throughout the entire project development to completion of documents on schedule; and will work with the project controllers and local, area and regional management for project reviews.
- B.S. and/or MS in in an engineering related field with emphasis in civil, environmental, or mechanical fields of study.
- PE registration in the state of California.
- At least 10 years experience in fisheries related engineering, or related discipline; 8 of which incorporate Project Management and Client Development related responsibilities.
- Proven experience managing data collection, planning, feasibility, alternatives analysis, and design projects. Proven experience with strategic planning, client development, and proposal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fish protection, passage, and aquaculture technologies, and familiarity with fisheries agency guidelines, and demonstrated knowledge of fisheries resource types of projects.
- Understanding of salmonid biology/ecology and west coast water and fishery management issues; Knowledge of data collection, interpretation, reduction, analysis, and presentation; Self starter with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving, research, and oral presentation skills; Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with GIS, CAD, and/or open channel hydraulic modeling software preferred.
- Leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isnt only about who you work for; its also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each others contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid drivers license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hdrinc.com
HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through our various operating companies. Our professionals are committed to helping clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.