Senior Water Resources Engineer/ Project Manager','148383','!*!About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' videoWe believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR has an opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer/ Project Manager to support the continued development of our Idaho Water Resources Programs. Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:
• Watershed Planning
• Floodplain and Environmental Permitting Requirements
• Flood Control Facility Analysis, Design and Inspection
• Streambank Stabilization and Erosion Control
• Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling and Analysis
• Development of Design Drawings and Specifications
• Drainage Study Reports
The Senior Water Resources Engineer/ Project Manager will provide client management and business development support, strategy and planning, as well as project and task management on water resources projects. Specific responsibilities include: Design and production support on water resources pursuits, and project deliverables s for various municipalities, counties, state / federal agencies and the water resources market sector. Will serve as project manager on projects, and will prepare proposals, scopes of work and contract cost estimates.
Lead production and QA/QC review of design calculations and technical reports and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for design of levees, channels, dams, storm drains, flood control projects, and other hydraulic structures. Provide strong and focused support for watershed hydrologic analyses for planning, modeling, and flood control conveyance and detention infrastructure design. Perform risk based assessments and inspection of flood control projects. Will work independently as well as plan, organize, and supervise the work of teams of professionals and technicians.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• PE required.
• 15 years of Water Resources experience is preferred.
• Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
• Specific software experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS, and Microsoft Office required.
• Experience in water resources planning, hydrology/hydraulics, and drainage/flood control design.
• Experience with regional and state design criteria and water resources permitting requirements.
• Known entity in the Idaho market is preferred.
• Must have excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects, resource loading, and budgets.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. ','United States-Idaho-Boise','','','','','','Water Resource Mgt','Full-time','Regular','','Dams Levees Civil Works','Dams Levees Civil Works','Feb 1, 2018','Senior Water Resources Engineer/ Project Manager
Website : http://www.hdrinc.com
HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through our various operating companies. Our professionals are committed to helping clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.