Sr Water Resources Engineer (Drainage)
US-NY-New York | US-NJ-Newark
HNTB Job Title
Sr Project Engineer
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB! We are currently seeking a Sr. Water Resources Engineer (Drainage) in our New York, NY or Newark, NJ office locations.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts. Responsible for gross revenue of $1-$2M.
Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
Assists with project management duties.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serve as task lead to provide project engineering and task management
- Lead development of stormwater manager / hydraulics and hydrology design calculations; and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for roadway drainage, stormwater detention facilities, and other hydraulic structures
- Work independently as well as plan, organize, and assist groups of medium to large teams of professionals and technicians, dependent on project/task
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
10 years relevant experience
- BS Civil/Water Resources required; MS Civil/Water Resources preferred
- 10 years of progressive engineering design experience
- Experience should include Civil Design, Hydraulic Structure Design & Water Resources experience
- Experience with the development or construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Experience in water resources planning, hydrology / hydraulics and drainage / flood control design and dam inspections is a plus
- Field monitoring flood risk reduction and storm water management projects and drilling, survey and other field activities is a plus
- Experience with USACE, NYSDEC, NYCDEP, NYSDOT, PANYNJ and other clients in NY metro area
- NY PE license required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
“EEO is the Law” Poster
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement