Water Resources Engineer
Water Resources Engineer
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. Thats why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Water Resources Engineer, well count on you to:
* Provide project engineering and task management, conduct difficult to complex hydraulic and hydrologic modeling; conduct stormwater collection systems modeling and design; collect, assimilate and present data in reports, memos and public forums; lead production of design calculations and technical reports; and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for design of detention facilities, storm drains, flood control facilities and other hydraulic structures
* Ability to provide project management services on smaller, less complex projects is desirable
* Work independently in addition to planning, organizing and assisting groups of medium to large teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task
* Conduct water resources planning, plan formulation and concept development, and develop planning documentation
* Assist in water resources permitting efforts
* The job requires an understanding of multi-disciplinary team coordination, compilation of design and construction contract documents, design standards, and practices, and the ability to interact with multiple business groups (e.g. transportation, water/wastewater, and power).
* Perform other duties as needed
* 6 years of experience in water resources engineering projects
* PE license is required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Candidate should be capable of conducting client, agency, and public meetings and preparing clearly written technical documents
* Extensive experience in hydrology and hydraulics, watershed studies, impact analyses, roadway drainage, storm water quality / low impact development, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and SWMM modeling (1D and 2D), and FEMA submittals.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
* Masters degree preferred
* TxDOT pre-certifications for 10.1.1 Hydrologic Studies, 10.2.1 Basic Hydraulic Design, and 10.3.1 Complex Hydraulic Design preferred, as is experience with GeoPak or similar roadway design software
* Project management experience is preferred
* Drainage infrastructure design experience is preferred.
* Familiarity and established relationships with local water resources clients in Harris County and Greater Houston as well as the state of Texas is a plus
* Certified Floodplain Manager in Texas is preferred
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid drivers license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hdrinc.com
HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through our various operating companies. Our professionals are committed to helping clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.