Taunton, MA, United States
Bluecollar, Water Plant
Sep 20, 2021
Jan 03, 2022
Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 163,000
employees worldwide, we specialize in water, waste and energy management.
Wastewater Operator - Taunton,MA
$29.10 - $31.36/hr
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 2 weeks vacation
Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday
2nd Shift 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
● Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines,
generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control to
decontaminate waste water by settling, aeration and sludge processing.
● Monitor control panels and adjust valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate
● Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument
panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
● Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
● Ensures conformance to process specifications. Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes
corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to
supervisor. Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as
● Performs field tests (chemical, physical and biological) in order to pace chemical dosages for
process and odor control units or alter unit processes.
● Samples wastewater, sludge and gases (odor control, digester, etc.) according to schedule.
● Prepares chemical solutions and services automatic samplers.
● Monitors process chemical supplies and recommends reorder.
● Performs lab tests applicable to permit testing and reporting per procedures.
● Performs routine instrument calibration for portable meters including, but not limited to, dissolved
oxygen, pH, H2S, percent oxygen, lower explosive limit.
● Performs manual labor including filling and emptying of machine bins and cleaning equipment,
facilities and grounds as required.
● Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, routine preventive maintenance,
lubrication and minor adjustments.
● Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
● Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to
safety and environmental policies.
● High School education or equivalent with the ability to read, write and comprehend English
(operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Associate’s degree in a science or
technical area strongly preferred.
● Must have the ability to perform basic math equations.
● Requires a Grade 6 Massachusetts wastewater treatment plant operator’s license. May consider
candidate who can obtain a license within six months.
● Experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques,
and practices of wastewater treatment.
● Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE
(Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment,
● Must consistently demonstrate the ability to operate assigned machines and equipment meeting
or exceeding processing and quality targets under general supervision.
● Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, generators,
valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection
equipment, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
● Must have the ability to diagnose process and mechanical problems in single or multiple unit
processes, troubleshoot basic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure
● Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
● Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or
new responsibilities readily.
● Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Website : http://www.enovity.com