Transdev North America, Inc.
Operator I (Wastewater)','86880','!*!','!*!Veolia operates and maintains a 3.0 MGD conventional activated sludge wastewater plant and 17 sewage lift stations in Gatlinburg, TN. This position will required you to obtain a Tennessee Grade I wastewater plant operator certification within 12 months of hire. The Operator will operate and maintain wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in a municipal wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements.','!*!- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must have or obtain a Tennessee Grade I wastewater plant operator certification within 12 months of hire.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Shift is Wed - Thurs 11p-7a; Fri - Sat 7p - 7a
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.','Operation/Maintenance / Construction / Transport Construction Utility','United States-Tennessee-Gatlinburg','','Apr 5, 2018','Standard','','','Full-time','Non-Management','A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate','A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate','Operator I (Wastewater)
Transdev North America, Inc.
Website : http://www.transdevna.com
Transdev North America is a leader in the transportation industry and is the largest private sector provider of multiple modes of transportation in North America. We operate and manage top quality, efficient, environmentally sustainable transportation networks that enhance people’s mobility and their quality of life. Transdev provides safe, reliable, and efficient service that passengers, transit authorities, airports and universities trust. We manage many modes of public transportation including bus, rail, bus rapid transit (BRT), paratransit, taxi and shuttle services. Every year from coast to coast, more than 400 million passengers travel with us to work, study, shop or play. In the U.S. and Canada, Transdev operates service in 200 contracts with a workforce of nearly 20,000. Our Transit Division operates some of the largest and most sophisticated bus networks and complex paratransit systems in the U.S. and Canada, including Phoenix, Denver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Montreal and Toronto. Our Rail Division operates major commuter rail networks in Miami and San Diego and performs track maintenance work in many cities across the U.S. Our On-Demand Division provides airport shuttle, taxi, private sedan and charter bus services to airports and around town in 40 leading U.S. cities. Our IntelliRide Division provides smart mobility management solutions including call center brokerage operations for healthcare-related transportation.