Water Treatment Plant Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operates and maintains industrial wastewater treatment plant.
• Monitors control panel and adjusts operation as needed.
• Maintains records of operations following a stringent facility operating procedures.
• Collects samples and assists ESH&Q with sampling and report preparation.
• Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs to wastewater plant equipment.
• Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
• Works inside and outside in various weather conditions to include extreme cold and heat.
• Works around non-hazardous materials/waste lifting, stooping, crawling, bending, and carrying.
• Heavy lifting up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
• Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills.
• Safety: KBR enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
• Quality: Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the KBR Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable KBR Quality System documents and customer contracts. Employees must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent, plus technical training coupled with 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the wastewater field.
• Must possess wastewater treatment operator’s license.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Currently holds or ability to successfully obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.