Golder Associates Inc.
Questa Wastewater Treatment Plant Mechanic
Posted Date 4 months ago(10/23/2017 1:59 PM)
JOB ID: 2017-13439
AREA OF INTEREST: EN - Wastewater Treatment and Process Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
EDUCATION (MINIMUM): High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE (YEARS): 2
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Wastewater Treatment Plant Mechanic. The Questa Mine is near Questa New Mexico. No relocation assistance will be offered at this time.
* Repair and maintain wastewater plant or systems equipment, including pumps, motors, valves, piping, Genset, blowers, air compressors, filter presses, membrane filter systems and related equipment using standard and specialized hand tools;
* Perform routine service and maintenance on mobile equipment including pickups, dump truck or rolloff truck, front end loader, scissor lift, backhoe and skid steer;
* Assist and direct contractors in performing non-routine maintenance on Wastewater Treatment plant equipment and mobile equipment;
* Document both routine preventive maintenance and non-routine maintenance performed using computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) work order generation and entry;
* Assist plant operators with operations tasks as needed on a strictly non-routine basis;
* Assist Maintenance Supervisor with maintaining the CMMS by entering work order data as needed;
* Troubleshoot mechanical faults on equipment for which the mechanic has repair responsibility;
* Perform maintenance on buildings, including door repairs, painting and related work;
* Assist electrician with maintenance and troubleshooting on electrical equipment as necessary.
* Candidate must possess a HS diploma / GED certificate. Associates or apprenticeship in industrial equipment maintenance preferred.
* Candidate must have at least 2 years experience working in or around Wastewater Treatment plants.
* Candidate must have experience aligning pumps and other rotating industrial plant equipment and properly tensioning belt drive systems.
* Ability to rebuild pumps to manufacturer's tolerances is a definite plus.
* Candidate must have experience repairing and installing piping systems and valves using HDPE, PVC, carbon steel, or alloy pipe.
* Candidates needs to be able to safely operate and drive a dump truck or rolloff truck and a company vehicle. Experience operating a front end loader, scissor lift, motor grader, backhoe and/ or skid steer is a plus.
* Candidates must have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety practices and mechanical aptitude is a must. Experience with Chevron Health, Environment and Safety Management (CHESM) and Operational Excellence (OE) processes is a definite plus.
* Candidates must be willing to work night shifts, weekends, and Holidays as necessary. Candidate must be willing to work 12 hour shifts (AM and/or PM) and overtime as necessary.
* Candiates must be willing to locate to reasonable commuting distance from the job site at the Questa Mine, near Questa New Mexico. No relocation assistance will be offered at this time.
* The candidates must be able to attain a 40-hour OSHA HAZWoper certificate or have a current certificate.
The candidate must be able to attain a 24-hour MSHA Metal / Non-metal surface miner certificate or have a current certificate.
* Candidates will be required to wear safety equipment / PPE as appropriate for job tasks including fall protection, respiratory protection, and chemical safety equipment.
* Candidates will be required to perform moderate physical activity; ability to lift and carry items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; crawling, bending, climbing, kneeling, squatting and working in confined spaces as necessary.
* The candidates must be eligible for employment in the U.S., possess a valid U.S. driver's license, and pass a pre-employment physical including drug screening and criminal background check.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Golder Associates Inc.
Website : http://www.golder.com/
Golder is focused squarely on the future. We believe the coming years will be a time when our 8,000 people will make a vital contribution to the world's economy, environment and communities. Still, our origins five decades ago and evolution since then have made us the company we are today. The Golder culture is built around technical excellence, commitment to our clients, employee ownership and the ability to provide our people with challenging careers.