Golder Associates Inc.
Civil Water Resource Engineer
Posted Date 7 hours ago(1/4/2018 2:38 PM)
JOB ID: 2018-13514
AREA OF INTEREST: EN - Surface Water, Hydrology and Sediments
JOB TYPE: Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
EDUCATION (MINIMUM): Bachelor Degree
EXPERIENCE (YEARS): 2
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WHYDROGEO
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
The Redmond, Washington office is seeking a Staff Civil/Water Resource Engineer to work as part of a team focused on civil, water, and hydrotechnical resource related projects. The successful candidate will be able to assist with the evaluation and design of a diverse range of projects including (but not limited to): hydrology, hydraulics, fluvial geomorphology, civil design, pipe and pumping systems, earthen embankments and dams, new mine design and mine remediation, linear project hydrotechnical hazards assessment and mitigation engineering, surface water management, and industrial site remediation and transportation projects. Work includes integration and collaboration with related geotechnical, geologic, and environmental efforts. An appreciation for high quality, effective communication, and client-focused work products is essential. Some travel will be required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* A minimum of 1-2 years of related experience.
* B.S. in Civil Engineering required, with an M.S. in a water resource or similar related discipline preferred (e.g. Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.).
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, a positive attitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D (preferred).
* Proficient in the use of standard MSOffice tools, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
* A strong interest in civil design and related water resources engineering including (but not limited to): hydrology/hydraulic analyses, 1D and 2D modeling, design of surface water control features, water balance assessments, basin assessments, fluvial geomorphic assessments, stream and riverine and floodplain dynamics, ground surface and open-channel erosion and scour processes, sediment transport, civil layout and design, grading and drainage design, and pressurized piping systems and pumps.
* Experience collaborating with related geotechnical, geologic, and/or environmental work.
* EIT or PE registration.
Desired Skills (Familiarity or experience with):
* Hydrologic, hydraulic, and/or fluvial geomorphic assessments, analyses, calculations, and technical concepts.
* Hydrology and hydraulic numerical and analytical modeling using spreadsheet based tools, and/or software such as 1D HEC-RAS and HEC-HMSprograms, other 2D hydrodynamic modeling tools (i.e. HEC_RAS 2D, TUFLOW, etc).
* Water balance and water supply assessments.
* Water quality data management, evaluation, and interpretation.
* Compiling construction documents including design drawings and specifications.
* Construction and/or field experience.
* Willingness to travel locally/internationally.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Golder Associates Inc.
Website : http://www.golder.com/
Golder is focused squarely on the future. We believe the coming years will be a time when our 8,000 people will make a vital contribution to the world's economy, environment and communities. Still, our origins five decades ago and evolution since then have made us the company we are today. The Golder culture is built around technical excellence, commitment to our clients, employee ownership and the ability to provide our people with challenging careers.