Arcadis is seeking an experienced Project Water Engineer/Associate Project Manager (APM) to join our Industrial Infrastructure and Water/Wastewater team in Atlanta, Georgia.
This is an exciting growth opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a growing team in one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The Project Water Engineer/APM will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge to develop, design and deliver industrial infrastructure and water/wastewater projects for both national and international clients. Primary duties for this position will focus on project design and delivery with secondary functions in project management and client development to help build and grow our expanding practice.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Researching feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
* Responsible for completion of design and construction documents including: design calculations, technical reports, permitting, engineering plans and specifications and other contract documentation.
* Support construction administration and third-party owner's agent roles as part of a team.
* Conduct site visits, condition assessments and field activities.
* Working effectively and collaboratively in team situations and establishing strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
* Working directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office/project staff, client and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle.
* Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards.
* Support project management responsibilities, such as project planning, budgeting, schedule monitoring, and managing project controls.
* Facilitating project coordination for timely completion and submission of project deliverables.
* Interface directly with clients and may serve as point of contact for projects.
* May be assigned to projects as a Design/Task Lead or possible Associate Project Manager.
* May support opportunity pursuit teams with project development and proposal writing.
* Travel to client facilities to support project work.
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
* Mechanical/process experience with industrial water/wastewater treatment plants.
* Experience with facility infrastructure design and other industrial planning, permitting, and construction engineering activities.
* Experience with industrial wastewater treatability testing.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written; skills to include public speaking, ability to communicate effectively as part of a team, and preparation/development of technical documents.
* Client-facing experience and a basic understanding of client development and maintenance.
* Ability to travel on a regular basis within North America.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including MS Project and Visio.
* Exposure to AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM design software a plus.
* Experience with process design software like BioWin, GPSX, Aspen, and/or STOAT a plus.
* Ability to pass background checks and drug screening.
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
* Experience delivering capital projects for multiple types of industrial clients including specific experience with projects for automotive, power, pulp and paper, chemical, and pharmaceutical market sectors.
* Project delivery and management experience with budgeting, schedule monitoring, client management, and project controls.
* Client management skills including; preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field
* 6-10 years of design, engineering and project management experience with industrial infrastructure and water projects
* Master of Science degree in Engineering or related field
* 10 years of design and engineering consulting experience including industrial infrastructure projects
* Registered Professional Engineer (PE) with ability to obtain state specific registration within six months