Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows
Department: Building Services
Reports to: Construction Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Seasonal, Full Time
Hours: Days, 10 hour shift Updated: 4.30.16
Maintain and operate water truck throughout resort to transport and spray water on surfaces for dust control and dirt compaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Operate water truck throughout resort to safely wet down roads, stockpiles, provide dust control and dirt compaction.
2. Water landscaped areas as required
3. Maintain water usage
4. May operate other small equipment used in earth moving operations
5. Perform daily vehicle checkouts and basic maintenance
6. Assist construction crews while waiting to apply water.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
1. Effective communication skills, oral & written
2. Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
3. Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
4. Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
5. Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
6. Work well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Valid drivers license
3. Previous equipment operating experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time as much as 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 75lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and operating machinery. They will be occasionally exposed to extreme hot/cold and wet conditions, fumes or airborne particles. Employee will be required to work on uneven and limited footing locations. Working surfaces can be loose or slippery as well.
Equipment Used in Job: Variety of tools and machines, such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers and water spraying equipment.
Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows